For the past 16 years, I’ve worked as a psychologist in long-term care and have witnessed the difficulties residents and their families have had adjusting to this strange and unfamiliar environment. That’s why I wrote The Savvy Resident’s Guide: Everything You Wanted to Know About Your Nursing Home Stay But Were Afraid to Ask, now available on Amazon ($13.99 print, $4.99 Kindle). It’s a large-print book for residents (and families, staff, and students) explaining how nursing homes work and how people can make the most of their stays. It’s packed with need-to-know information and straightforward advice from me and my wise resident-narrators. There’s no other book out there like it!
If you know someone who might benefit from this book, please tell them about this resource. You can help spread the word:
· Forward or share this message
· Buy the book and review it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Savvy-Residents-Guide-Everything/dp/0985405406/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347192337&sr=8-1&keywords=savvy+residents+guide
· “Like” the Amazon Kindle version: http://www.amazon.com/The-Savvy-Residents-Guide-ebook/dp/B009Q38X8I/ref=kinw_dp_ke
· Post the book info/link in your forums: http://mybetternursinghome.com/savvy-guide
Special offer now through November 30, 2012:
Buy the book, get for FREE:
· For Families: Essentials for Choosing a Nursing Home (and Becoming Part of the Team) — an audio interview with Dale Carter, $10.99 value
· For Staff Members: Coping with Grief: Conversation with grief expert Courtney Armstrong, LPC — an audio interview, $7.99 value
Buy the book on NOVEMBER 12th, 2012, get a SPECIAL BONUS:
· Reducing Senior Bullying: Conversation with Bullying Expert Robin Bonifas, PhD, MSW — an audio interview, $10.99 value
PLUS: This Monday, November 12th, $2 of each individual book sale will go toward Hurricane Sandy relief!
For more details, visit: http://mybetternursinghome.com/savvy-guide