As 2011 draws to a close, I’d like to thank my readers for joining me here at My Better Nursing Home. I’m especially thankful to those who shared their thoughts and experience via Comments on my posts, wrote to me via the Contact link, tweeted, FaceBooked, Linked me In and otherwise connected. You add depth to the conversation, and inspire me to continue on my journey. I wish you all a happy and healthy New Year, filled with the energy and drive to pursue your dreams.
During 2011, I’m happy to say that My Better Nursing Home has continued to grow. Among the highlights, I:
- Turned my blog into this website
- Spoke about Young Adults in LTC and their recreation needs at the Activity Professionals of Ontario annual convention
- Had the following articles published:
- Nursing home bathing transformed: from endurable to enjoyable, in Long-Term Living Magazine
- After natural disasters: coping with resident and staff emotions, on McKnights.com
- 10 anticipated psychosocial needs of baby boomers, on Long-Term Living Magazine online
- Had a guest post from Marc Agronin, MD, Dementia and depression: can antidepressants help?
- Read and reviewed A Bittersweet Season: Caring for Our Aging Parents by Jane Gross, founder of the NYT New Old Age blog.
- Was interviewed at jobshadow.com about what it’s like to be a psychologist in nursing homes.
- Continued blogging about a wide variety of issues affecting residents and staff in nursing homes.
Happy New Year, everyone!