2010 has been an exciting year here at My Better Nursing Home, and I’d like to thank you all for visiting and reaching out to me with your questions and ideas. I’ve made new connections through my blog, and deepened relationships with others who’ve been visiting and commenting for some time.
Some highlights of 2010 include:
- my interview with Mark Kissinger, Deputy Commissioner of Long-Term Care at the New York State Department of Health
and my series of interviews with the folks in Kentucky:
- John Reinhardt, President & CEO of The International Center for Long-Term Care Innovation
- E. Joseph Steier, III, President & CEO of Signature HealthCARE
- Jeff Beaty, D.H.Ed., LMSW, QDCP, SSBB, Chief Development Officer for Signature HealthCARE, who discussed the role of psychology at Signature.
- went gray
- won Best Industry Blog at SeniorHomes.com
- had my Top 5 Resident Complaints series featured at Long-Term Living Magazine
- was on the cover of Caring for the Ages magazine when they interviewed me for their article on substance abuse treatment in long-term care
- had an article on improving mental health treatment published in McKnight’s Long-Term Care News
It’s been an interesting year, and I’m looking forward to seeing what 2011 has to offer.